M. D. Urmanov, R. K. Nasybullin, R. A. Biktimirov, R. M. Khusainov. Assessing the production applicability of the iMachining module. Modern Technologies, System Analysis, Modeling, 2018. Vol. 57, No. 1, pp. 41–49. DOI: 10.26731/1813-9108.2018.1(57).41-49
This article discusses the topic of increasing productivity in milling various types of parts. It describes the main features of high-speed processing and analyses the existing problems that arise while implementing this strategy. The following problems are raised in the article: the assignment of cutting modes, cutting tools, and the dependence of the CAM system on the characteristics of CNC machines. The paper reveals the necessary features for CAM systems when working with this module.
The applicability of the iMachining module was assessed as a strategy for improving productivity in the process of production preparation and reducing the main operation time, which requires a large amount of material to be removed. The choice of this module was theoretically substantiated: the consideration is given to the peculiar features of generating trajectories and convenience of work of the user in the given system.
Comparative analysis was carried out between the strategies of traditional deep milling and high-speed machining using the iMachining module. The article analyses the peculiarities of trajectories’ construction using these strategies. The test metal processing for the molding equipment was performed while applying this module. The results obtained were evaluated according to the machine time; according to the state of the cutting tool after processing and the quality of the resulting part. On the basis of the data obtained, a conclusion was drawn on the feasibility of using this strategy in production; on the features of the use of cutting tools, the designation of cutting modes, the use of machines with numerical program control and on the convenience of the system user.
1. Vittington K., Vlasov V.V. Vysokoskorostnaya mekhanoobrabotka [High-speed machining] [Electronic resource]. SAPR i grafika [CAD and Graphics], 2002, No. 11, pp. 10–15. URL: http://sapr.ru/article/8151 (Access date: 15.08.2017).
2. Serebrenitskii P.P. Nekotorye osobennosti vysokoskorostnoi mekhanicheskoi obrabotki [Some features of high-speed machining]. Metalloobrabotka, 2007, No. 4 (40), pp. 6–15.
3. Samartsev A.A. Revolyutsiya v mekhanoobrabotke. iMachining [The revolution in machining. iMachining]. CADmaster, 2012, No. 2 (63), pp. 52–58.
4. Stanki vysokoskorostnoi obrabotki [High-speed processing machines] [Electronic resource] : obrazovatel'naya sotsial'naya set' KazEdu.kz [educational social network KazEdu.kz]. URL: https://www.kazedu.kz/referat/180296 (Access date: 15.10.2017).
5. Lovygin A.A. SolidCAM: nasha sila v iMachining [SolidCAM: our strength in iMachining] [Electronic resource]. Planeta СAM, 2015, No.4. URL: http://planetacam.ru/articles/exclusive/solidcam_nasha_sila_v_imachining/ (Access date: 20.09.2017).
6. Yin, Y., Guo, LS., Han, N., Zheng, J., Zhang, PP., A new strategy of cavity cutting trajectory generation in high speed machining. Proceedings of the ASME international mechanical engineering congress and exposition, 2015, Vol. 2B, pp. 321–324.
7. Starkov V.K. Fizika i optimizatsiya rezaniya materialov [Physics and optimization of cutting materials]. Moscow : Mashinostroenie Publ., 2009, 640 p.
8. Somekh E. Design with SolidWorks. Manufacture with SolidCAM. VDW-Nachwuchsstiftung GmbH, 2015, 230 p.
9. Samartsev A.A. IMACHINING 3D. Logicheskoe razvitie tekhnologii [Logical development of technology]. CADmaster, 2013, No.2 (69), pp. 60–63.
10. Vedmid' P.A., Sulinov A.V. Programmirovanie obrabotki v NX CAM [Programming processing in NX CAM]. Moscow : DMKPress Publ., 2014, 304 p.
11. Zhou, B., Zhao, JB., Li, L., Xia, RB. A smooth double spiral tool path generation and linking method for high-speed machining of multiply-connected pockets. Precision engineering-journal of the international societies for precision engineering and nanotechnology, 2016, Vol. 46, pp. 48–64.
12. Msaddek E. B; Bouaziz Z.; Baili M.; Dessein, G., Influence of interpolation type in high-speed machining (HSM). In-ternational journal of advanced manufacturing technology, 2014, Vol. 72, pp. 289–302.
13. Rahaman M.,Seethaler, R.,Yellowley I., A new approach to contour error control in high speed machining. International journal of machine tools & manufacture, 2015, Vol. 88, pp. 42–50.
14. Burns G. iMachining for NX. Reference Guide. SolidCAM, 2016, 26 p.
15. Vlasov V.V., Rassokhin D.D., Veretnov A.A. Lit' ili rezat' [To cast or to cut]. [Electronic resource]. SAPR i grafika [CAD and Graphics], 2008, No. 10, pp.10–20. URL: http://sapr.ru/article/19645 (Access date: 20.09.2017).