Makaruk A. A., Pashkov A. A., Samoylenko O. V. Determining the deviations in the form of parts of the load-bearing structure of aircraft with shotblast hardening by the method of final-element modeling. Modern technologies. System analysis. Modeling, 2018, Vol. 59, No. 3, pp. 23–29. DOI: 10.26731/1813-9108.2018.3(59).23-29.
While surface peen hardening the parts of load-bearing structures of aircraft made of aluminum alloys, undesirable deformations (deviations from flatness) often takes place. These deviations after peen hardening can be determined in two ways: using the existing production experience for hardening of similar parts or using constructively similar samples containing the basic patterns of arrangement of structural elements and manufactured from the material of the part or by modeling process hardening in modern CAE-systems. The first method, using constructively similar samples, is very time-consuming and expensive. That is why, using techniques of computer finite element modeling of peen hardening to determine these deviations seems to be promising. This article contains a description of the finite element modeling technique using the nonlinear finite element analysis system to determine the total flexural deformations of a part that occurs while surface peen hardening of aircraft parts made of aluminum alloys. Using finite element modelling method for the process of shot-hardening parts allows one to significantly reduce the costs associated with the manufacture of constructively similar samples in determining the predicted deformations of hardened parts.
1. Makaruk A.A., Minaev N.V. Tekhnologiya formoobrazovaniya i pravki malozhestkikh detalei metodami mestnogo plastiche-skogo deformirovaniya [echnology of shaping and editing low-rigid parts using local plastic deformation]. Materialy Vserossiiskogo (s mezhdunarodnym uchastiem) nauchno – prakticheskogo seminara [Proceedings of the All-Russian (with international participation) scientific-practical seminar], Irkutsk, 2011, pp. 117–121.
2. Makaruk A.A., Minaev N.V. Tekhnologiya formoobrazovaniya i pravki malozhestkikh detalei raskatkoi rolikami [Technology of shaping and editing low-rigid parts by rolling rollers]. Izvestiya Samarskogo nauchnogo tsentra Rossiiskoi akademii nauk [Proceedings of the Samara Scientific Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences], vol. 15, No. 6(2), 2013, pp. 404–408.
3. Pashkov A.Ye., Makaruk A.A., Minaev N.V. Automation methods for forming and rectifying stiffened parts with rolling machines. International Journal of Engineering and Technology, 2015, Vol. 7, No. 6, pp. 2030–2036.
5. Belyakov V.I., Movshovich A.Ya., Kochergin Yu.A. Izgotovlenie listovykh detalei metodom raskatki [Production of sheet parts by the method of rolling]. Sistemi obrobki іnformatsії [Systems of processing information], 2010. Issue 9 (90).
6. Pashkov A.E., Diyak A.Yu. Vnutrennie silovye faktory protsessa drobemetnoi obrabotki listovykh detalei [Internal force factors of the process of shot-blasting of sheet metal parts]. Sb. mat. Mezhdunar. nauchn.-prakt. konf. [Collection of materials of the International Scientific and Practical University Conf.]. Irkut. state techn. un-ty publ., Irkutsk, 2005, pp. 171–177.
7. Pashkov A.E., Vikulova S.V., Vyatkin A.S., Makaruk A.A. K voprosu obespecheniya tochnosti opredeleniya intensivnosti poverkhnostnogo uprochneniya [On the issue of ensuring the accuracy of determining the intensity of surface hardening]. Sovremennye tekhnologii. Sistemnyi analiz. Modelirovanie [Modern technologies. System analysis. Modeling], 2010, No. 1, pp. 102–107.
8. Birger I.A. Ostatochnye napryazheniya [Residual stresses]. Moscow: Mashgiz Publ., 1963, 232 p.
9. Pashkov A.E. Tekhnologicheskie svyazi v protsesse izgotovleniya dlinnomernykh listovykh detalei [Technological links in the process of manufacturing long sheet parts]. Irkutsk: IrGTU Publ., 2005, 140 p.
10. Fubin Tu, Delberguea D., Miao H., Klotz T., Brochu M., Bocher P., Levesque M. A sequential DEM-FEM coupling method for shot peening simulation. June 2017, Volume 319, pp. 200–212.
11. Murugaratnam K., Utilia S., Petrinic N. A combined DEM–FEM numerical method for Shot Peening parameter optimization. January 2015, volume 79, pp. 13–26.
12. Miao H.Y., Larose S., Perron C., Evesque M. On the potential applications of a 3D random finite element model for the simulation of shot peening. Adv. Eng. Softw., 2009, Vol. 40, pp. 1023–1038.
13. Zhuo Ch., Yang F. Realistic Finite Element Simulations of Arc-Height Development in Shot-Peened Almen Strips. Journal of Engineering Materials and Technology. October 2014. Volume 136 / 041002-1.