Bayasgalan Davaasuren. Obosnovanie neobkhodimosti stroitel'stva vtoroi zheleznodorozhnoi linii mezhdu Mongoliei i Kitaem [The necessity of building a second railway line between Mongolia and China]. Sovremennye tekhnologii. Sistemnyi analiz. Modelirovanie [Modern Technologies. System Analysis. Modeling], 2018, Vol. 60, No. 4, pp. 56–63. DOI: 10.26731/1813-9108.2018.4(60).56-63
The largest line in Mongolia is Mongolian highway Suhbaatar – Ulaanbaatar – Zamyn-Ude. Its length is 1110 km. The main railway network in the country is built according to the standard of 1520 mm and is managed by JSC “Ulaan-Baatar Railway”. Due to the construction of this mainline, the train route from Europe to Central Asia decreased by 1025 km. Transport corridor passing through Mongolia is the shortest by length and by the time of goods delivery as well. UBR now has three railway border crossings. There are two border crossings with the Russian Federation: Solov'evsk – Aranza and Naushki – Sukhbaatar. With China, there is one border crossing Zamyn-Uud – Erlian. The Zuunbayan – Hangi lines (from the Central part of the country to the border with China in the South, the project length is about 281 km) and Huut – Choibalsan (the road to the border with China in the West of the country, the planned length is 192 km) are in fact separate infrastructure projects for the export of iron ore and coking coal. The construction of the Zuunbayan – Hangi railway will reduce the existing load at the border points Zamyn-Uud and Erlian and reduce the length of the route of transportation of iron ore from Mongolia to the metallurgical plant in the Chinese Baotou by about 400 km.
There is a need to put into operation new railway lines, as well as to increase the capacity of existing lines for the transportation of growing volumes of goods. Thus, the construction of the Zuunbayan – Hangi railway line is one of the key points of Mongolia's railway infrastructure development program.
1. Zhurnal «Zheleznodorozhnyi transport Mongolii» [Magazine "Railway Transport of Mongolia"], 2017, 54 p.
2. Staticheskii analiz pokazatelei UBZhD za 2017 god [Static analysis of the UBR indicators for 2017].
3. Razrabotka Programmy tekhnicheskoi modernizatsii i razvitiya AO «UBZhD» do 2030 goda [Development of the Program for technical modernization and development of the JSC UBR until 2030], 2018, 132 p.
4. Programma razvitiya UBZhD razrabotannaya Institutom Ekonomiki i Razvitiya Transporta [The program of development of UBR developed by the Institute of Economy and Transport Development].
5. Gazeta «Ganzam» [Ganzam newspaper].
6. Zhurnal «Mongoliya» [The Mongolia Journal], 2018, 48 p.
7. Zhurnal «HERO» [The Hero Journal], 2018, 36 p.
8. Zhurnal «NOMAD» [The NOMAD journal], 2018, 32 p.
9. Zhurnal «Passenger» [The Passenger Journal], 2018, 108 p.
10. Gapanovich V.A., Grachev A.A. et al. Sistemy avtomatizatsii i informatsionnye tekhnologii upravleniya perevozkami na zheleznykh dorogakh: Uchebnik dlya vuzov zh.d. transporta [Automation systems and information technologies for transportation management on railways: A textbook for universities of railway transport]. In Kovalev V.I., Os'minin A.T. (eds.). Moscow: Marshrut Publ., 2006, 544 p.
11. Protokol soveshchaniya pogranichnoi komissii Mongolo-Kitaiskoi komissii [Minutes of the meeting of the border commission of the Mongolian-Chinese Commission], 2017, 108 p.
12. Kochnev F.P., Akulinichev V.M., Makarochkin A.M. Organizatsiya dvizheniya na zheleznodorozhnykh stantsiyakh [Traffic organization at railway stations]. Moscow: Transport Publ., 1979, 568 p.
13. Kovalev V.I., Os'minin A.T. (eds.). Upravlenie ekspluatatsionnoi rabotoi na zheleznodorozhnom transporte [Management of operational work in railway transport]. Moscow: «UMTs zh.d.t.» Publ., 2009.
14. Velichko V.I., Sotnikov E.A., Golubev B.L. Sistema firmennogo transportnogo obsluzhivaniya (SFTO) pri perevozke gruzov po zheleznym dorogam Rossii [The system of branded transport services (BTSS) for the carriage of goods by railways of Russia]. Moscow: Intekst Publ., 2001.
15. Kovalev V.I., Os'minin A.T. (eds.). Upravlenie ekspluatatsionnoi rabotoi na zheleznodorozhnom transporte [Management of operational work in railway transport]. Moscow «UMTs zh.d.t.» Publ., 2009.
16. Kudryavtsev V.A., Ugryumov A.K., Romanov A.P. et al. Tekhnologiya ekspluatatsionnoi raboty na zheleznykh dorogakh [Technology of operational work in railways]. Moscow: Transport Publ., 1994.
17. Kovalev V. I. Upravlenie ekspluatatsionnoi rabotoi na zheleznodorozhnom transporte : ucheb. dlya studentov, obuchayushchikhsya po spetsial'nosti "Ekspluatatsiya zheleznykh dorog" VO : v 2 t, Vol. 1 : Tekhnologiya raboty stantsii [Management of operational work in railway transport: studies. for students enrolled in the specialty "Operation of Railways" HE. In 2 vols., Vol. 1: Technology of operation of stations]. Moscow: UMTs Publ., 2015.
18. Gruntov P.S., D'yakov Yu.V., Makarochkin A.M. et al. Upravlenie ekspluatatsionnoi rabotoi i kachestvom perevozok na zheleznodorozhnom transporte [Management of operational work and quality of transportation in railway transport]. In Gruntov P.S. (ed.). Moscow: Transport Publ., 1994, 543 p.
19. Pravdin N.V., Vakulenko S.P. (eds.). Proektirovanie infrastruktury zh.d. transporta (stantsii, zh.d. i transportnye uzly) [Railway transport infrastructure design (stations, railway and transport hubs)]. Moscow, 2012.