Podoplelov E. V., Dement'ev A. I., Antonenko I. Yu., Korchevin N. A. Novoe vysokoeffektivnoe dvoinoe sil'fonnoe uplotnenie shtokov vibroperemeshivayushchikh ustroistv [New high-performance double bellows seal for rods of vibration-mixing devices]. Sovremennye tekhnologii. Sistemnyi analiz. Modelirovanie [Modern Technologies. System Analysis. Modeling], 2019, Vol. 61, No. 1, pp. 14–19, DOI: 10.26731/1813-9108.2019. 1(61).14–19
The paper presents a plant for growing microorganisms with a device having a spring vibration-mixing device that provides effective uniform stirring in the entire working volume of the liquid medium. The attention is paid to the sealing of the mixer rod, which is necessary during the foaming processes, and the design of a new seal of the rods of vibration-mixing devices is proposed. Sealing is carried out by using bellows with low rigidity, in which, due to the incompressibility of the liquid inside the bellows and the apparatus, the shape of the corrugations is preserved, which effectively seals the apparatus even with relatively large movements of the rod. The use of that seal makes it possible to reduce the energy consumption for mixing. The tests carried out on a model plant with a vibration mixer for growing microorganisms with a maximum rod displacement of 20 mm showed good performance of the mixing device and the plant as a whole. In addition, the proposed seal can be used in plants and apparatus to implement technological processes associated with the use of toxic and highly aggressive media, the components of which affect not only the material used in the walls of the equipment, but also have an impact on the environment. This is especially evident in processes where foaming is possible. The impact of harmful substances on the environment is determined to a large extent by the sealing of equipment used for such processes. Leakage of the working components involved in the process is complicated by the fact that, in most cases, not only toxic or aggressive components are used in the devices, but also excessive pressure is applied. In this regard, special attention is paid to the sealing units in this sort of devices.
1. Vasil'tsov E.A., Ushakov V. G. Apparaty dlya peremeshivaniya zhidkikh sred [Apparatus for mixing liquid media]. Leningrad: Mashinostroenie Publ., 1979. 272 p.
2. Radyuk P.A., Sal'kova A.G., Podoplelov E.V. Ustanovka dlya prigotovleniya toplivnoi emul'sii [Installation for the preparation of fuel emulsion]. Sbornik nauchnykh trudov molodykh uchenykh i studentov Angarskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta [Collection of scientific works of young scientists and students of Angarsk State Technical University], 2016. No. 1, pp. 57-59.
3. Sal'kova A.G., Podoplelov E.V. Germetichnye apparaty s mekhanicheskimi meshalkami [Sealed apparatuses with mechanical mixers]. Sbornik nauchnykh trudov Angarskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta [Collection of scientific works of the Angarsk State Technical University], 2017. No. 1, pp. 49-52.
4. Sal'kova A.G., Podoplelov E.V. O germetizatsii apparatov s mekhanicheskimi meshalkami [About sealing devices with mechanical mixers]. Sovremennye tekhnologii i nauchno-tekhnicheskii progress [Modern technologies and scientific and technical progress], 2017. No. 1, pp. 58-59.
5. Sal'kova A.G., Podoplelov E.V. Privezentsev A.Yu., Novopashina M.V. Rabotosposobnost' peremeshivayushchikh ustroistv pri udalenii donnykh otlozhenii iz tsilindricheskikh rezervuarov [Efficiency of mixing devices when removing bottom sediments from cylindrical tanks]. Sovremennye tekhnologii i nauchno-tekhnicheskii progress [Modern technologies and scientific and technical progress], 2015. No. 1, pp. 66-68.
6. Sal'kova A.G., Podoplelov E.V. Ustanovka dlya vyrashchivaniya mikroorganizmov [Installation for the cultivation of microorganisms]. Vestnik Angarskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta [Bulletin of the Angarsk State Technical University], 2016. Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 255-257.
7. Sal'kova A.G., Kol'chuganov V.N., Kulik N.N. Vibromeshalka [Vibration mixer]. Author’s certificate No. 1134227 USSR. Bull. No. 2.
8. RD 26.260-008-92. Rukovodyashchii dokument. Fermentatory dlya proizvodstva mikrobiologicheskogo sinteza [Guidance document. Fermenters for the production of microbiological synthesis].
9. Hashiguchi H. Ueda T. Shaft seal device using gland packing. Pat. US No 6382633. May 7, 2002.
10. Koehnen K., Linke A., Niermann H. Sealings between relatively-moving surfaces with stuffing-boxes for elastic or plastic packings with lubricating, cooling or draining means using a lantern ring. Pat. DE No 3510422. March 22, 1985.
11. Hutter E., Sullivan T. Seal for a control rod apparatus. Pat. US No 3280002. October 18, 1966.
12. Hjelmberg A.E. Sealing device and method. Pat. EP No 2431638. Bull. 2012/12.
13. Andrianov A.V., Guzel'baev Ya.Z., Eranov A.P., Suslikov E.V. Sil'fonnyi kompressor s privodom ot elektricheskogo razryada [Bellows compressor with an electric discharge drive]. Pat. RF No. 79952. Bull. No. 2.
14. Evsikov V.E. Klapan [Valve]. Pat. RF No. 2298127. Bull. No. 12.
15. Sal'kova A.G., Prokop'ev A.A., Podoplelov E.V. Dvoinoe sil'fonnoe uplotnenie [Double bellows seal]. Pat. RF No. 2586233. Bull. No. 16.