Koronatov V.A. The presentation of a new rolling theory with reference to the description of motion of the driven wheel of the locomotive (automobile). Modern technologies. System analysis. Modeling, 2018, Vol. 57, No. 1, pp. 49-60. DOI: 10.26731 / 1813-9108.2018.1 (57).49-60
This article proposes a new qualitative method that makes it possible to take into account the dynamics of processes in the contact spot of the wheel with the roadway without determining the contact stresses. The latter means that it is not necessary to use semi-empirical relations in the form of the Hertz law, which is customarily introduced for normal stresses when establishing the law of their distribution. The method allows us to establish analytical dependencies for the force components through kinematic quantities. The following results are obtained: a) the rolling resistance depends directly on the sliding speed and vice versa ‑ on the angular speeds of rolling and spinning; b) the moment of rolling resistance depends directly on the angular velocity of the rolling and vice versa - on the speed of sliding and the angular velocity of rotation; c) the moment of resistance to rotation depends directly on the angular velocity of rotation and vice versa ‑ on the angular velocity of rolling and the speed of sliding.
These dependences qualitatively coincide with the results of V. V. Kozlov, the member of the Russian Academy of Sciences, which were obtained with the use of Lagrangian formalism, when, in contrast to conventional mechanics, a generalized law of dry friction was postulated. In mechanics of V. V. Kozlov, there are difficulties in the physical interpretation of such results. But there are no difficulties in a new theory constructed within the existing laws of mechanics. The new method made it possible to construct a new rolling theory different from the existing ones, which makes it possible to establish qualitative features in the wheel motion. For example, to determine the critical sliding or rolling speeds at which the possible modes of wheel motion change: pure rolling, rolling with slippage or pure sliding. The possibilities of the new theory are shown on the example of the description of the motion of the driven wheel of a locomotive (automobile).
1. Kozhevnikov I.F. Dinamika koles s deformiruemoi periferiei. Obzor [Dynamics of wheels with deformable periphery. Overview]. Zadachi issledovaniya ustoichivosti i stabilizatsii dvizheniya [Problems of the study of stability and stabilization of motion]. Moscow : Dorodnitsyn Computing Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 2009, pp. 53–84.
2. Sarkisov P.I., Popov S.D. Obzor modelei nestatsionarnogo kacheniya kolesa s uprugoi shinoi po nedeformiruemomu opornomu osnovaniyu [A review of models of non-stationary rolling of a wheel with an elastic tire along a non-deformable support base]. Inzhenernyi zhurnal: nauka i innovatsii [Engineering Journal: Science and Innovation], 2013.
Issue 12. URL: http://engjournal.ru/catalog/machin/transport/1129.html (Access date: 27.10.2017).
3. Golechkov Yu.I., Korol'kov E.P. O modelyakh kontaktnogo vzaimodeistviya kolesa i rel'sa v dinamike transportnykh system [About models of contact interaction of a wheel and a rail in dynamics of transport systems]. Nauka i tekhnika transporta [Science and Technology in Transport], 2011, No. 3, 39–43 p.
4. Hertz H. Uber die Beruhrung fester elastischer Korper. J. Reine undAngewandte Mathematica, l882, Vol. 92, pp. 156–171.
5. Svendenius J. Tire Models for Use in Braking Applications. Department of Automatic Control Lund Institute of Technology. Lund, 2003, 95 p.
6. Goryacheva I.G. Mekhanika friktsionnogo vzaimodeistviya [Mechanics of friction interaction]. Moscow : Nauka Publ., 2001, 478 p.
7. Johnson K. L. Contact mechanics, Cambridge University Press, 1985, 468 p. (Russ. ed.: Dzhonson K. Mekhanika kontaktnogo vzaimodeistviya. Moscow : Mir Publ., 1989, 510 p.)
8. Carter F.W. On the Stability of Running of Locomotives. Proc. Roy. Soc. London. Ser. A, 1928, 121, pp. 585–611.
9. Carter F.W. The electric locomotive. Proc. Inst. Civil Engn. 1916, Vol. 201, pp. 221-252. Discussion pages 253–289.
10. Kalker J.J. Simplified theory of rolling contact. Delft progress report. Series C: Mechanical and aeronautical engineering and ship-building, 1973, Vol. 1, pp. 1–10.
11. Kalker J.J., Piotrowski J. Some new results in rolling contact. Vehicle System Dynamics, 1989, Vol. 18, pp. 223–242.
12. Kalker J.J. Survey of wheel-rail rolling contact theory. Vehicle system dynamics, 1979, Vol. 5, pp. 317–358.
13. Jonson K.L., Vermeulen P.J. Contact of non-spherical bodies transmitting tangential forces. J. of Appl. Mech., 1964, Vol. 31, No. 2, pp. 339-340. Halling J. Microslip between a rolling element and its track arising from geometric conformity. J. of Mech. Engineering science, 1964, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 64–73.
14. Bakker E., Paceka H.B., Lidner L. A new tyre model with applications in vehicle dynamics studies. 4th Autotechnologies Conference, Monte Carlo 1989, SAE Paper 890087, pp. 83–95.
15. Levin M.A., Fufaev N.A. Teoriya kacheniya deformiruemogo kolesa [The theory of rolling of a deformed wheel]. Moscow : Nauka Publ., Fizmatlit Publ., 1989, 272 p.
16. Andronov A.A., Zhuravlev V.F. Sukhoe trenie v zadachakh mekhaniki [Dry friction in problems of mechanics]. Moscow : Regulyarnaya i khaoticheskaya dinamika Publ.; Izhevsk : In-t komp'yut. issled. Publ., 2010, 184 p.
17. Zhuravlev V.F. O modeli sukhogo treniya v zadache kacheniya tverdykh tel [On the model of dry friction in the problem of rolling of rigid bodies]. PMM [Journal of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics], 1998, Vol. 62, Issue 5, pp. 762–767.
18. Zhuravlev V.F. Zakonomernosti treniya pri kombinatsii skol'zheniya i vercheniya [Regularities of friction with a combination of sliding and turning]. Izv. RAN. MTT [Mechanics of Solids. A Journal of Russian Academy of Sciences], 2003, No. 4, pp. 81–88.
19. Zhuravlev V.F., Klimov D.M. O mekhanizme yavleniya shimmi [On the mechanism of the phenomenon of shimmy]. Dokl. RAN [Doklady of the Russian Academy of Sciences], 2009, Vol. 428, No. 6, pp. 761–765.
20. Zhuravlev V.F., Klimov D.M. Teoriya yavleniya shimmy [Theory of the shimmi phenomenon]. Izv. RAN [Bulletin of the Russian Academy of Sciences]. MTT Publ., 2010, No. 3, pp. 22–29.
21. Kireenkov A.A. Svyazannye modeli treniya skol'zheniya i kacheniya [Associated models of friction of sliding and rolling]. DAN [Doklady of the Academy of Sciences], 2008, Vol. 419, No. 6, pp. 759–762.
22. Kireenkov A.A. Svyazannaya model' treniya skol'zheniya i kacheniya v dinamike tel na sherokhovatoi ploskosti [Associated model of friction of sliding and rolling in the dynamics of bodies on a rough plane]. Izv. RAN [Bulletin of the Russian Academy of Sciences]. MTT Publ., 2008, No. 3, pp. 116–131.
23. Baker Jr. G., Graves-Morris P. Padé Approximants. Cambridge University Press, 764 p. (Russ. ed.: Beiker Dzh. (ml.), Greis-Morris P. Approksimatsiya Pade : per. s angl. Moscow : Mir Publ., 1986, 502 p.)
24. Kontensu P. Svyaz' mezhdu treniem skol'zheniya i treniem vercheniya i ee uchet v teorii volchka [The relationship between sliding friction and friction and its inclusion in the top theory]. Problemy giroskopii [Problems of gyroscopy]. Moscow : Mir Publ., 1967, pp. 70–77.
25. Koronatov V.A. Novaya teoriya kacheniya na primere opisaniya dvizheniya vedushchego kolesa lokomotiva (avtomobilya) [A new theory of rolling on the example of the description of the motion of the driving wheel of a locomotive (automobile)]. Sistemy. Metody. Tekhnologii [Systems. Methods. Technologies], 2017, No.4 (36), pp. 78–86.
26. Rynolds O. On rolling friction. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London, 1876, Vol. 166 (I), pp. 155–174.
27. Kozlov V.V. Lagranzheva mekhanika i sukhoe trenie [Lagrangian mechanics and dry friction]. Nelineinaya dinamika [Nonlinear dynamics], 2010, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 855–868.
28. Zhuravlev V.F. Otklik na rabotu V.V. Kozlova «Lagranzheva mekhanika i sukhoe trenie» [Response to the work of V.V. Kozlov "Lagrangian mechanics and dry friction"]. (ND, 2010, Vol. 6, No.4). Nelineinaya dinamika [Nonlinear dynamics], 2011, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 147–149.