Zalogova O. I., Takaishvili L. N. Sostoyanie i perspektivy razvitiya transportnoi infrastruktury Mongolii dlya eksporta uglya [State and prospects of development of transport infrastructure of Mongolia for coal export] Sovremennye tekhnologii. Sistemnyi analiz. Modelirovanie [Modern Technologies. System Analysis. Modeling], 2019. Vol. 62, No. 2. Pp. 177–185. DOI: 10.26731/1813-9108.2019.2(62).177–185
The article describes the results of the study of the transport infrastructure optimal equipment problem in Mongolia in connection with the planned increase in coal exports. The study was conducted using the methods of system analysis. The reserves of coal deposits in Mongolia and the problem of its transportation for export were evaluated. The most major development projects of the railway infrastructure are related to the coal deposits of Tavan Tolgoi and Ovoot Tolgoi. The authors assessed additional freight flows that can be attracted to the railway in the long term. While ensuring reliable delivery of goods with an increase in traffic volumes, one can face a number of problems. One of the most important of them is the insufficient capacity of the Mongolian Railways. It is concluded that the main tasks for the development of coal transportation in the coming years are the construction of new railway lines and the development of existing infrastructure. The paper analyzes the current state of the Ulaanbaatar railway, which is the main transport corridor for freight in transit. The calculation of the available train-handling capacity of mainline was done. The limiting elements were identified. The study showed that at the present time the capacity of the line does not meet the growing demand for transportation and the needs of freight consignors. To solve this problem, after analyzing the conditions of modernization, measures were proposed to increase the train-handling capacity depending on the growing volumes of traffic and the technical period of reconstruction of the line. The schemes of stage development of technical equipment were chosen.
1. Vorob'ev B.M. Ugol' mira. Vol. III. Ugol' Evrazii [Coal of the world. Vol. III. Coal of Eurasia]. Moscow: Gornaya kniga Publ., 2013. 752 p.
2. Plakitkina L.S., Plakitkin Yu.A. Ugol'naya promyshlennost' mira i Rossii: analiz, tendentsii i perspektivy razvitiya [The coal industry of the world and Russia: analysis, trends and development prospects]. Moscow: Literatura Publ., 2017. 374 p.
3. Mongolian Statistical Information Service : site URL: www.1212.mn (Access date: 15.04.2019).
4. Gotov Dugerjav, Enhancing Northeast Asia and Mongolia Economic Cooperation through Developing Transport Corridors. URL: http://www.cscap.org/uploads/docs/Related%20Research/10GenConf/7GotovDug...(Mongolia)10GC.pdf) (Access date: 15.04.2019).
5. Ochirbat P. Ugol'naya promyshlennost' Mongolii: sostoyanie i perspektivy razvitiya [Coal industry of Mongolia: state and development prospects]. Zapiski Gornogo instituta [Journal of Mining Institute], 2017. Vol. 226. Pp. 420–427.
6. Ochirbat P., Batkhuyag S. Ugol'naya promyshlennost' Mongolii: Segodnyashnee sostoyanie i perspektivy razvitiya [Coal industry of Mongolia: Current state and development prospects]. URL: https://docplayer.ru/32007428-Ochirbat-punsalmaagiyn-d-e-n-akademik-an-m... (Access date 10.04.2019).
7. The annual report 2016, geology mining petroleum heavy industry. Mineral resources and petro-leum authority of Mongolia. Ulaanbaatar, 2017. 148 p.
8. Namsrai Namzhildorzh. Intensifikatsiya perevozok gruzov po seti AO «Ulan-Batorskaya zheleznaya doroga» na 2020 god [Intensification of cargo transportation through the network of JSC "Ulan-Bator Railway" for 2020]. Sovremennye tekhnologii. Sistemnyi analiz. Modelirovanie [Modern Technologies. System Analysis. Modeling], 2018. Vol. 60, No. 4. Pp.132–138.
9. Ulziinorov Gansukh, Xu Ming, Syed Ahtsham Ali. Analysis of the Current Situation of Mongolian Railway and Its Future. Development International Business Research. 2018. Vol. 11, No. 5. Pp. 119–128.
10. Sereeter Jigjee. Transport challenges and opportunities for Mongolia. URL: http://www.uncrd.or.jp/content/documents/7221Presentation%202_mrtdSereet...(1).pdf) (Access date 10.04.2019).
11. Mongoliyu svyazhut koridorami [Mongolia will be connected by corridors]. Gudok.ru. 2018. Apr 10. URL: https://www.gudok.ru/freighttrans/?ID=1410499. (Access date 10.04.2019).
12. Bayasgalan Davaasuren Tranzitnye perevozki produktsii nefte i gazopererabotki cherez territoriyu Mongolii [Transit shipments of oil and gas processing products through the territory of Mongolia]. Sovremennye tekhnologii. Sistemnyi analiz. Modelirovanie [Modern Technologies. System Analysis. Modeling], 2018. Vol. 58, No. 2. Pp. 64–72
13. Bayasgalan Davaasuren Obosnovanie neobkhodimosti stroitel'stva vtoroi zheleznodorozhnoi linii mezhdu Mongoliei i Kitaem [Justification of the need to build a second railway line between Mongolia and China]. Sovremennye tekhnologii. Sistemnyi analiz. Modelirovanie [Modern Technologies. System Analysis. Modeling], 2018. Vol. 60, No. 4. Pp. 56–63
14. Zalogova O.I. Poetapnoe usilenie propusknoi sposobnosti zheleznodorozhnoi linii [Phased enhancement of the capacity of the railway line]. Aktual'nye aspekty organizatsii raboty zheleznodorozhnogo transporta : sb. nauchn. trudov [Topical aspects of the organization of work of railway transport: Coll of research works]. Irkutsk: IRGUPS Publ., 2006. Pp.132–136.
15. Zalogova O.I. Usilenie infrastruktury Mongol'skoi zheleznoi dorogi [Strengthening the infrastructure of the Mongolian railway]. Irkutsk, 2008. 7 p. Dep. in VINITI 27.06.2008, No. 539-V2008.
16. Kontseptsiya realizatsii sovmestnogo rossiisko-mongol'skogo proekta razvitiya AO "UBZhD" i stroitel'stva novoi zheleznodorozhnoi infrastruktury v Mongolii [The concept of implementing a joint Russian-Mongolian project for the development of UBZHD JSC and the construction of a new railway infrastructure in Mongolia]. URL: http://www.rzd.ru/main/public/ru/accessible (Access date: 10.04.2019).
17. Instruktsiya po raschetu nalichnoi propusknoi sposobnosti zheleznykh dorog : utv. OAO «RZhD» ot 10.11.2010. No. 128 [Instructions for calculating the cash capacity of railways: approved. Russian Railways OJSC dated 10.11.2010. No. 128]. Moscow: Tekhinform Publ., 2011. 289 p.
18. Gil'manov A. I., Zalogova O.I. Uvelichenie massy poezda po seti zheleznykh dorog [The increase in the weight of the train in the railway network]. Molodaya nauka Sibiri : elekton. nauchn. zhurn. [Young Science of Siberia: an electronic scientific journal], 2018 No. 1. URL: http://mnv.irgups.ru/sites/default/files/articles_pdf_files/art_2_0.pdf (Access date 10.04.2019).
19. Ivankova L.N., Burakova A.V. Opredelenie propusknoi sposobnosti s uchetom emkosti putevogo razvitiya [Determination of throughput, taking into account the capacity of the track development]. Sovremennye tekhnologii. Sistemnyi analiz. Modelirovanie [Modern Technologies. System Analysis. Modeling], 2018. Vol. 59, No. 3. Pp. 92–98.