Bychkovskii V. S., Filippenko N. G., Popov S. I., Kargapol'tsev S. K. The study of the properties and machinability of welded joints by a combined rotary cutter with a chip breaker. Modern Technologies. System Analysis. Modeling, 2018, Vol. 57, No. 1, pp. 16–23. DOI: 10.26731/1813-9108.2018.1(57).16-23
The paper presents the results of studies of the parameters of rotary turning of welded joints in order to identify the optimal conditions for the implementation of this process. The design of a rotary cutter for turning and abrasive processing is developed. The designed technology of the rotary cutter for turning with a chip processor made it possible to produce and conduct experimental studies of the operating modes of the cutter for turning welded joints in accordance with the cutting plate inclination angle. It should be noted that the rotation of the cutting plate of the developed design of the cutter is carried out due to the friction forces of the chips on the front surface of the tool, and the angle of the cutting plate changes the direction of these forces. The results of this research included, among other things, the recommendations on the modes of industrial use of the cutter. The paper determines the efficiency of the developed rotary cutter for combined turning and abrasive processing. The cutting force was calculated depending on the cross-sectional area of the cut layer and the specific cutting force. The cross-sectional area of the shear layer was determined by simulating the technological process of cutting in the program Kompas-3D, version 16, in the assembly subsystem. Analytical and experimental studies made it possible to determine the dependence of the cutting force and roughness of the machined welded surface of the rotary turning on the cutting plate inclination angle, which allowed us to design and manufacture rotary cutters of a simplified construction. The final stage of the research was the evaluation of the effectiveness of the rotary cutter.
1. Yashcheritsyn P.I., Borisenko A.V. et al. Rotatsionnoe rezanie materialov [Rotational cutting of materials]. Minsk : Nauka i tekhnika Publ., 1987, 229 p.
2. Konovalov E.G., Sidorenko V.A., Sous' A.B. Progressivnye skhemy rotatsionnogo rezaniya metallov [Progressive schemes of rotational cutting of metals]. Minsk : Nauka i tekhnika Publ, 1972, 272 p.
3 Gik JI.A. Printsipy sozdaniya i klassifikatsii skhem rotatsionnogo rezaniya [Principles of creating and classifying rotary cutting schemes]. STIN, 2005, No. 7, pp. 25–28.
4. Binchurov A.S. Tekhnologicheskoe obespechenie povysheniya proizvoditel'nosti i kachestva obrabotki poverkhnostei metodom rotatsionnogo tocheniya mnogogrannymi reztsami : dis. … kand. tekhn. nauk [Technological support of increasing the productivity and quality of surface treatment by the method of rotational turning with polyhedral incisors: Ph.D. (Engineering) thesis]. Tomsk, 2017.
5. Sposob sovmeshchennoi tokarno-abrazivno-almaznoi obrabotki [The method of combined turning abrasive-diamond processing]: patent RF 2187888, No. 2000131736/09 ; applied Dec 18, 2008; publ. Aug 2010, Bull. No. 23 (II parts), 5 p.
6. Rezhushchaya plastina dlya obrabotki kolesnykh par [Cutting plate for machining wheel pairs] : patent RF 2187888, No. 2000131736/09; applied Dec 18, 2008; publ. Aug 20, 2010, Bull. No. 23 (II parts.), 5 p.
7. Sposob izgotovleniya almaznogo instrumenta na gal'vanicheskoi svyazke [Method for manufacturing a diamond tool on a galvanic binder] : patent RF 2013125280/02, No. 2016128166; applied May 31, 2013; publ. Jul 27, 2014, Bull. No. 21, 7 p.
8. Sposob termicheskoi obrabotki alyuminievykh bronz [Method for the thermal treatment of aluminum bronzes] : patent RF 2013463, No. 2000131736/09; applied Nov. 11, 1991; publ. Dec 12, 1991, Bull. No. 23, 5 p.
9. Serebrenitskii P.P. Kratkii spravochnik tekhnologa-mashinostroitelya [A brief reference book of the technologist machine builder]. St.Peterburg: Politekhnika Publ., 2007, 951 p.
10. Yamamoto H. et al. Thermal Behavior and Chip formation on Rotary Cutting of Difficult-to-cut Materials Utilizing Multi Tasking Lathe and MQL. Proc. 5th nt. Conf. on LEM21, 2009, Vol. 661.
11. Dessoly V., Melkote S. N., Lescalier C. Modeling and verification of cutting tool temperatures in rotary tool turning of hardened steel. International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, 2004. Vol. 44, No. 14, pp. 1463–1470.