Kiseleva O. G., Al'taeva Zh. Zh., Kunebaev A. D. Evropeiskaya praktika vnedreniya risk-menedzhmenta v sistemu upravleniya bezopasnost'yu na zheleznodorozhnom transporte [European practice of risk management implementation in the railway safety management system]. Sovremennye tekhnologii. Sistemnyi analiz. Modelirovanie [Modern Technologies. System Analysis. Modeling], 2020, No. 4 (68), pp. 175–183. – DOI: 10.26731/1813-9108.2020.4(68).175-183
The article analyzes the European experience of using risk management mechanisms in the field of railway traffic safety. The safety and reliability of the transportation process on the railways of the European Union Member States is guaranteed by the construction of effective traffic safety management systems based on risk management tools. In the European practice of railway safety management, risk management is a mandatory element of the Traffic Safety Management System. The main goal of the risk management system in the field of traffic safety is to reduce the existing risk levels to the established acceptable level and further maintain the achieved risk levels no higher than the established acceptable level. For this purpose, a set of risk management measures has been developed, which are implemented whenever changes in operating conditions or the appearance of new data give rise to new risks of transport accidents and events. The European Risk Management System is the starting point for the safety management of the railway systems of the European Union Member States, where risk management is carried out throughout the entire life cycle of the railway system, from the design stage to the completion of its operation. A common risk management system is applied in the railway transport of the European Union Member States, which is a quantitative risk assessment model based on hazardous event scenarios. This risk assessment model is based on observations in the form of cause-and-effect analysis using the Fault Tree Analysis and the Event Tree Analysis techniques to represent each hazardous event. The European risk assessment model is flexible and can be easily adapted to assess and monitor the security risk of other elements.
- Kadziński А., Kobaszyńska-Twardowska А., Gill A. The concept of method and models for risk management of hazards generated at railway crossings. Transport means 2016: proceedings of the 20th international scientific conference. Kaunas University of Technology, Kaunas. Lithuania, 2016. Pp. 297–302.
- Bureika G., Gaidamauskas E., Kupinas J., Bogdevicius M., Steisūnas S. Modelling the assessment of traffic risk at level crossings of Lithuanian Railways. Transport, 2017. Vol. 32(3). Vilnius Gediminas Technical University. Pp. 282–290.
- Shaidullin Sh.N. Effektivno ispol'zovat' instrumenty sistemy menedzhmenta bezopasnosti dvizheniya [To effectively use the tools of the traffic safety management system]. Zheleznodorozhnyi transport [Railway transport], 2014. No. 12. Pp. 4–8.
- Eliseev V.A. Risk-menedzhment v praktike zheleznodorozhnogo transporta [Risk management in the practice of railway transport]. Ekonomicheskie i sotsial'no-gumanitarnye issledovaniya [Economic and socio-humanitarian studies], 2017. No. 2(14). Pp. 11–19.
- Karasev S.V., Karaseva A.A. O problemakh primeneniya metodov risk-menedzhmenta k aktual'nym zadacham obespecheniya bezopasnosti dvizheniya na sortirovochnykh stantsiyakh OAO “RZhD” [On the problems of applying risk management methods to the urgent tasks of ensuring traffic safety at the marshalling yards of Russian Railways OAO]. Proryvnye nauchnye issledovaniya kak dvigatel' nauki. Sbornik statei Mezhdunarodnoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii [Breakthrough scientific research as the engine of science. Collection of articles of the International Scientific and Practical Conference]. Samara: Aeterna Publ., 2015. Pp. 44–47.
- Kiselova O.G., Vakhitova L.V. Perekhod k novoi modeli upravleniya bezopasnost'yu dvizheniya [Transition to a new traffic safety management model]. Vestnik KazATK [KazATK Bulletin], 2014. No. 5. Pp. 48–54.
- Verevkina O.I. Otsenka vklada material'no-tekhnicheskogo snabzheniya v riski narusheniya bezopasnosti po prichine nekachestvennogo remonta i nesoblyudeniya tekhnologii [Evaluation of the contribution of logistics to risks of security breaches due to poor maintenance and lack of technology]. Sovremennye tekhnologii. Sistemnyi analiz. Modelirovanie [Modern technologies. System analysis. Modeling], 2019. Vol. 63. No. 3. Pp. 82–89.
- Bogdanovich S.V., Kiselova O.G. Sistema upravleniya bezopasnost'yu dvizheniya na zheleznykh dorogakh v gosudarstvakh-chlenakh ES [Rail Traffic Safety Management System in the European Union Member States]. Politransportnyye sistemy: materialy XI mezhdunarodnoi nauchno-tekhnicheskoi konferentsii [Multitransport systems: materials of the XI international scientific and technical conference]. Novosibirsk: SGUPS Publ., 2020. Pp. 276–280.
- Anardovich S.S., Rush E.A. Otsenka ushcherbov ot chrezvychainykh situatsii tekhnogennogo kharaktera na zheleznodorozhnom transporte [Risk assessment methods and forecasting emergency development scenarios for railway transportation]. Sovremennye tekhnologii. Sistemnyi analiz. Modelirovanie [Modern technologies. System analysis. Modeling], 2020. Vol. 66. No. 2. Pp. 121–128.
- ISO/IEC Guide 51:2014 Safety Aspect − Guidelines for their inclusion in standards [Electronic media]. URL: https://www.era.europa.eu/ Accessed: November 02, 2020.
- Directive (EU) 2016/798 on railway safety [Electronic media]. URL: https://www.era.europa.eu/ Accessed: October 30, 2020.
- Common safety method for risk evaluation and assessment (CSM-RA) [Electronic media]. URL: https://www.era.europa.eu/ Accessed: October 30, 2020.
- Leitner B. A general model for railway systems risk assessment with the use of railway accident scenarios analysis. 10th International Scientific Conference Transbaltica 2017: Transportation Science and Technology. ScienceDirect. Procedia Engineering 187. 2017. Pp. 150–159.
- Dvořák Z., Čižlák M., Leitner B., Soušek R., Sventeková E. Risk management in railway transport (in Slovak). Monograph. Pardubice: Institute of Jan Perner. 2010. 283 p.
- Safety Assurance Guidance [Electronic media]. URL: http://www.rssb.co.uk/Library/improving-industry-performance/2013-guidan....
- Safety Management Systems [Electronic media]. URL: http://www.rssb.co.uk/improving-industry-performance/safety-management-s....
- Kim M.S., Wang J.B., Park Ch.W., Cho Y.O. Development of the risk assessment model for railway level-crossing accidents by using the ETA and FTA. Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 2009. 12(6). Pp. 936–943.
- Novotný P., Markuci J., Titko M., Slivková S., Řehák D. Practical application of a model for assessing the criticality of railway infrastructure elements. Proceedings of scientific works, VŠB – Technical university Ostrava, 2015. Pp. 26–32.