Galai E. I., Rudov P. К., Galai E. E. Issledovanie tormoznykh protsessov v gruzovikh poezdakh s elektrovozami BKG1 i VL80C na Belorusskoi zheleznoi doroge [The study of braking processes in freight trains with electric locomotives BKG1 and Vl80S on the Belarusian railways]. Sovremennye tekhnologii. Sistemnyi analiz. Modelirovanie [Modern Technologies. System Analysis. Modeling], 2020, No. 4 (68), pp. 220–230. – DOI: 10.26731/1813-9108.2020.4(68).220-230
Understanding the nature of the occurrence of transverse forces depending on the operating conditions is a priority issue, since the stability and uninterrupted operation of the railway track largely depends on the ability of the rail grid to maintain a stable position with the help of the ballast. The modern technical requirements for the ballast layer are insufficient, as they are not able to ensure the quality of the ballast material throughout its entire service life. This is confirmed by recent research papers from various regions. The authors analyzed the situation at the Sverdlovsk test site. The analysis of the ballast layer geological study results have shown that there is practically no required fraction of ballast. The concept of the average fraction of ballast material has been introduced to describe the actual granulometric composition. There have been determined the values of these for the track that is in the run-up to major repairs.A laboratory stand was developed to study the behavior of the ballast prism under external loads, considering the actual granulometric state of the ballast. The series of tests were conducted, which were a total of more than four hundred experiments. A model of ballast behavior in the elementary section was developed, which was based on the obtained empirical dependences of transverse forces on external loads.Based on the results of full-scale modeling, highly reliable computer models of the ballast material and the laboratory stand were prepared, considering the characteristics of the laboratory model. Loadings were performed in an extended range of external forces. According to the simulation results, the values of the coefficients of influence of the empirical dependences of the transverse forces of the ballast on vertical loads for different fractions of crushed stone were determined. The presented laboratory and computer models make it possible to predict the state of the ballast prism during operation.
- SP 238.1326000.2015 Zheleznodorozhnyi put', utverzhden prikazom Mintransa Rossii No. 209 ot 06.07.2015 [SP 238.1326000.2015 Railway track, approved by order of the Ministry of transport of Russia No. 209 dated Jul 06, 2015]. Moscow, 2015. 71 p. Tekhekspert [Techexpert] [Electronic media]. URL: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200124323 (Accessed: March 05, 2020).
- GOST 7392-2014 Shcheben' iz plotnykh gornykh porod dlya ballastnogo sloya zheleznodorozhnogo puti. Tekhnicheskie usloviya. Ofitsial'noe izdanie [GOST 7392-2014 crushed Stone from dense rocks for the ballast layer of the railway track. Technical conditions. Official publication]. Moscow: Standartinform Publ., 2015. 35 p.
- SNiP 32-01-95. Zheleznye dorogi kolei 1520 mm. Ofitsial'noe izdanie Minstroi Rossii [SNiP 32-01-95. Railways of 1520 mm gauge. Official publication of the Ministry of construction of Russia]. Moscow: GP TsPP Publ., 1995. 56 p.
- Rasporyazhenie OAO "RZhD" ot 31.12.2015 N 3212r "Ob utverzhdenii i vvedenii v deistvie Polozheniya o sisteme vedeniya putevogo khozyaistva OAO «RZhD» [The Order of "Russian Railways" OAO from 31.12.2015 N 3212r "on approval and introduction of the Regulations on the system of track management of "Russian Railways" OAO. Konsul'tantPlyus [ConsultantPlus] [Electronic media] URL: http://www.consultant.ru/cons/ cgi / online.in CGI?file req=DOC and database = EXP p=712561#09573579879888545 (Accessed: March 05, 2020).
- Velichko D. V., Tolstikova N. A. Analiz zagryaznennosti shchebenochnogo ballasta. [Analysis of crushed stone ballast contamination]. Put' i iskusstvennye sooruzheniya. [Track and artificial structures]. Siberian Transport University Publ., 2016. No.3. Pp. 110-117.
- Makagonov R. A., Tsigipov A.D. Otsenka zagryaznennosti ballasta na putyakh 3-4 klassa [Assessment of ballast contamination on the 3-4 class tracks]. Sovremennye naukoemkie innovatsionnye tekhnologii: sbornik statei Mezhdunarodnoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii (25 maya 2018 g, g. Samara). V 2 ch. Ch. 2 [Modern high-tech innovative technologies: collection of articles of the International scientific and practical conference (May 25, 2018, Samara). In 2 parts. Part 2]. Ufa: Aeterna Publ., 2018. Pp. 76-79.
- Abrashitov A. A., Zaitsev A. A., Semak A.V., Shavrin L. A. Otsenka istochnikov zagryazneniya ballastnogo sloya iz granitnogo shchebnya i modelirovanie razrusheniya i istiraniya chastits shchebnya pri dinamicheskom nagruzhenii [Estimation of sources of contamination of the ballast layer from granite crushed stone and modeling of destruction and abrasion of crushed stone particles under dynamic loading]. Sovremennye problemy proektirovaniya, stroitel'stva i ekspluatatsii zheleznodorozhnogo puti: sbornik trudov XIV mezhdunarodnoi nauchno-tekhnicheskoi konferentsii (5-6 aprelya 2017 g., g. Moskva) [Modern problems of railway track design, construction and operation: proceedings of the XIV scientific and technical international conference (April 5-6, 2017, Moscow)]. Moscow. 2017. Pp. 184-187.
- Anbazhagan P., Bharata T. P., Amarajivi G. Investigation of ballast contamination in the railway formation path. Engineering and geological Indian journal, 2012. Volume 42 No. 2. Pp. 87-99. ISSN 0046-8983.
- Akkerman G. L., Skutina M. A. Opredelenie naibolee opasnykh mest vybrosa puti [Determination of the most dangerous places of track warping]. Sovremennye problemy proektirovaniya, stroitel'stva i ekspluatatsii zheleznodorozhnogo puti: sbornik trudov XIV mezhdunarodnoi nauchno-tekhnicheskoi konferentsii (5-6 aprelya 2017 g., g. Moskva) [Modern problems of railway track design, construction and operation: proceedings of the XIV scientific and technical international conference (April 5-6, 2017, Moscow]. Moscow. 2017. From 154-156.
- Indraratna B., Salim W. Resistance of ballast railway tracks: from a geotechnical point of view, 1 ed, 2005, London: Taylor & Francis.
- Skutin A. I., Myl’nikov M. M. O kachestve shchebnya v ballastnoi prizme zheleznykh dorog [On the quality of crushed stone in the ballast prism of railways]. RSP Ekspert [RSP Expert], 2018. No.6-7 (110-111). Pp. 30-31.
- Pershin S. P. O soprotivlenii ballasta sdvigu i sposobakh usileniya temperaturno-napryazhennogo puti protiv poteri ustoichivosti [On the resistance of ballast to shear and ways to strengthen the temperature-stressed path against loss of stability] Trudy Moskovskogo instituta inzhenerov transporta im. F. E. Dzerzhinskogo: sbornik nauchnykh trudov. Vyp. 111 [Proceedings of the Dzerzhinsky Moscow Institute of transport engineers: the collection of scientific papers. Issue 111]. Moscow: MIIT Publ., 1960, Pp. 126-136.
- Shchepotin I. K., Grishchenko V. A. Issledovanie poperechnoi stabilizatsii puti na Dzhetygarinskom asbestovom ballaste [Investigation of the transverse stabilization the way to Dzhetygarinsk asbestos ballast]. Voprosy ustroistva i raboty zheleznodorozhnogo puti : sbornik nauchnykh trudov [The issues of construction and operation of railway : collection of scientific works ]. In Danovski L. M. (ed.) Novosibirsk, 1971. Pp. 12-17.
- Popov S.N. O dopuskaemykh napryazheniyakh na ballast [On permissible stresses on ballast]. Vzaimodeistvie puti i podvizhnogo sostava i voprosy raschetov puti  : sbornik nauchnykh trudov [Interaction of track and rolling stock and issues of track calculations: a collection of scientific papers]. In Verigo M. F. et al. (eds) Moscow: State Transport Railway Publ., 1955. Pp. 353-385.
- Myl’nikov M., Skutin A. The Influence of Ballast Characteristics on Lateral Stability of Railway Track. In: Petriaev A., Konon A. (eds) Transportation Soil Engineering in Cold Regions, Volume 1. Lecture Notes in Civil Engineering, vol 49. Springer, Singapore, 2020.
- Lacoursiere C. Ghosts and machines: regularized variational methods for interactive simulations of multibodies with dry frictional contacts: Ph.D. Umea, Sweden, 2007.