Sturov A. A., Chashchin N. S., Ivanov Y. N., Makaruk A. A. Otsenka vliyaniya rassloenii na resurs detalei iz ugleplastika [Assessment of the delamination influence on the life limit of parts made of carbon fiber reinforced plastics]. Sovremennye tekhnologii. Sistemnyi analiz. Modelirovanie [Modern Technologies. System Analysis. Modeling], 2020, No. 4 (68), pp. 32–40. –DOI: 10.26731/1813-9108.2020.4(68).32-40
In modern mechanical engineering, products containing elements of composite and metallic materials are being actively introduced. These products are joined using bolted or riveted connections. When holes are formed in composite materials, there is a risk of delamination-type defects. In this regard, the chosen goal of this research is to study the resource characteristics of carbon fiber reinforced plastic, having a subsurface delamination around the hole caused by external impact. An original method of applying defects to samples which ensures high repeatability of the damaged zone, is considered. The article compares the results of repeated static tests of defect-free samples, samples with delamination and samples subjected to repair. A technique is proposed for static and cyclic tests on servo-hydraulic testing machines using a special four-point tooling for loading samples. Static and cycle tests were carried out on a Shimadzu universal servo-hydraulic testing machine (Japan). During the tests, the samples were subjected to nondestructive ultrasonic testing at all stages of testing with the use of an ELISA ultrasonic complex from GMI (France). In the course of the research, static strength tests of the samples were carried out, on the basis of which the loading ranges for cyclic tests were selected, a technique and equipment for applying identical defects on samples were developed, a technique of repairing damage was engineered, and cyclic tests were carried out. As a result of the tests conducted, is was revealed the way the delamination-type defects and its subsequent repair influence on the durability of products made of carbon fiber reinforced plastic was revealed; the dependence of the growth of the size of the defect zone on the number of loading cycles was obtained. Recommendations are given on the technologies of repairing laminations. Alternative methods of resin injection with the use of special tooling into the zone of the delamination-type defect are proposed.
- Sturov A.A., Chashin N.S. Service life testing of composite material, 2019 IOP Conf. Ser.: Mater. Sci. Eng., 632.
- Kolesnik V.A., Krivoruchko D.V., Khatala M., Mital' D. O vliyanii iznosa instrumenta na temperatury rezaniya pri sverlenii paketa ugleplastik/stal' [On the effect of tool wear on cutting temperatures when drilling a carbon fiber reinforced plastic / steel package]. Vestnik Natsional'nogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta Ukrainy “Kievskii politekhnicheskii institut”. Seriya: Mashinostroenie [Journal of Mechanical Engineering NTUU "Kyiv Polytechnic Institute], 2015. No. 1 (73). Pp. 10–14.
- Savilov A.V., Pyatykh A.S. Opredelenie koeffitsientov sil rezaniya dlya modelirovaniya protsessa sverleniya [Determination of the coefficients of cutting forces for modeling the drilling process]. Sistemy. Metody. Tekhnologii [Systems. Methods. Technologies]. Bratsk State University Publ., Bratsk. 2016. No. 2. Pp. 69–73.
- Chigrinets E.G. Optimizatsiya protsessa sverleniya armirovannogo titanom stekloplastikovogo lonzherona lopasti nesushchego vinta vertoleta [Optimization of the drilling process of a titanium-reinforced fiberglass spar of a helicopter main rotor blade]. Vestnik Moskovskogo aviatsionnogo instituta, 2016. Vol. 23. No. 1. Pp. 177–188.
- Sturov A.A. Vosstanovitel'nyi remont otverstij v polimernom kompozitnom materiale na osnove ugleplastika s pomoshch'yu “termobolta” [Reconstruction of holes in a polymer composite material based on carbon fiber with the help of "thermobolt"]. Aviamashinostroenie i transport Sibiri. Sbornik statei IX Vserossiiskoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii. Irkutskii natsional'nyi issledovatel'skii tekhnicheskii universitet [Aviation engineering and transport of Siberia. Collection of articles of the IX All-Russian scientific and practical conference. Irkutsk National Research Technical University], 2017. Pp. 83–87.
- Sturov A.A. Vosstanovitel'nyi remont otverstii v detalyakh iz polimernykh kompozitnykh materialov [Reconstruction of holes in parts made of polymer composite materials]. Razvitie nauchnykh napravlenii v sovremennykh usloviyakh. Sbornik statei po materialam mezhdunarodnoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii. V 2-h chastyakh [Development of scientific directions in modern conditions. Collection of articles based on the materials of the International Scientific and Practical Conference. In 2 parts], 2017. Pp. 90–94.
- Chashhin N.S., Ivanov Y.N., Pashkov A.E., Sturov A.A. Precise holes machining in multicomponent stacks from metals and CFRP. Advances in Engineering Research: International Conference on Aviamechanical Engineering and Transport. AVENT 2018. 10.2991/avent-18.2018.13.
- Kuo C.-L., Soo S., Aspinwall D., Thomas W., Carr C., Pearson D., M'Saoubi R., Leahy W. Performance of multi-margin coated tools in one-shot drilling of metallic-composite stack materials under varying feed rate and pecking conditions. In Proceedings of the 38th International Matador Conference, 7–4, 38th Matador Conference, Huwei, Taiwan, Province of China, 28–30 March. 2015. Pp. 231–238.
- Lomaev V.I., Dudarev A.S. Perspektivy mekhanicheskoi obrabotki otverstii pri proizvodstve izdelii iz voloknistykh kompozitsionnykh materialov grazhdanskoi aviatekhniki [Prospects for mechanical machining of holes in the production of products from fibrous composite materials of civil aviation technology]. Mashinostroitel'nye tekhnologii [Machine engineering technologies], 2006, Vol. 7. Pp. 18–22.
- Garrick R. Drilling Advanced Aircraft Structures with PCD (Poly-Crystalline Diamond) Drills. SAE Technical, paper 2007–01–3893. 2007.
- Atarsia A., Mueller–Hummel P., Hollenbaugh S. High efficiency in machining carbon fiber composites and metal stacks for aerospace application. Finer Points, 2013. Pp. 18–28.
- Pikalov A.A. Osobennosti razdelki otverstij v smeshannyh paketah PKM–Ti–Al . Mekhanika i mashinostroenie [Mechanics and machine engineering], 2012. Pp. 669–679.
- Ivanov Yu.N., Kaverzin E.U., Chapyshev A.P. Eksperimental'noe issledovanie vliyaniya teplovogo rasshireniya obrabatyvaemykh materialov pri sukhom sverlenii otverstii v paketakh struktury “polimernyi kompozitsionnyi material – titanovyi splav” [Experimental study of the effect of thermal expansion of processed materials during dry drilling of holes in packages of the structure "polymer composite material – titanium alloy"]. Izvestiya irkutskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [The Bulletin of Irkutsk State University], 2013. Vol. 10 (81).
- Chashhin N.S., Ivanov Y.N., Pashkov A.E., Sturov A.A. Roughness of holes in metal and polymer composite bags. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering 2019. 632. 012089. 10.1088/1757-899X/632/1/012089.
- Kolesnik V.A., Krivoruchko D.V., Mital D. Temperatura rezaniya pri sverlenii paketov ugleplastik/titanovyi splav [Cutting temperature when drilling carbon fiber / titanium alloy packages]. Cutting and tool in engineering systems: International Scientific and Engineering Proceedings. Khar'kov: NTU HPI Publ., 2015. Vol. 85. Pp. 126–136.
- Chashin N.S., Ivanov Yu.N. Obrabotka otverstii v smeshannykh paketakh metodom orbital’nogo sverleniya [Processing of holes in mixed packages by orbital drilling]. Vestnik irkutskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta [Proceedings of Irkutsk State Technical University], 2015. No. 11 (106). Pp. 44\4–49.
- Chashin N.S. Otsenka tochnosti obrabotki otverstii v ugleplastike na promyshlennom robote KUKA KR210 R2700 Extra [Evaluation of the accuracy of machining holes in CFRP on the industrial robot KUKA KR210 R2700 Extra]. Aviamashinostroenie i transport Sibiri Sbornik statei vserossijskoi molodezhnoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii [Aviation Engineering and Transport of Siberia. Collection of articles of the All-Russian Youth Scientific and Practical Conference], 2016. Pp. 308–313.
- Paulo R.G., Loïc B. Comparison between three-point and four-point flexural tests to determine wood strength of Eucalyptus specimens. Maderas: Ciencia y Tecnología 20(3), 2018. Pp. 333–342.
- Theotokoglou E.E., Sideridis E. Study of composite beams in asymmetric four-point bending. Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites 30(13), 2011. Pp. 1125–1137.
- Murat K., Fazil S., Nuri E., Kenan C. Failure behavior of composite laminates under four-point bending. Journal of Composite Materials, 2016. Iss. 26. Vol. 50. Pp. 3679–3697.17.