Shimanovskii A.O., Sukhanova V.A. Izmenenie napryazhenno-deformirovannogo sostoyaniya elementov diskovogo tormoza pri tormozhenii [Change in stress-strain state of disc brake elements during braking]. Sovremennye tekhnologii. Sistemnyi analiz. Modelirovanie [Modern Technologies. System Analysis. Modeling], 2020, No. 4 (68), pp. 58–64. – DOI: 10.26731/1813-9108.2020.4(68).58-64
Components of the braking system designed to ensure the safety of vehicles are subjected to significant dynamic loads during its operation. In this regard, the problem of analyzing the contact interaction of disc brake parts is relevant. The work analyzes the stress-strain state of bodies that simulate the brake system elements that are in dynamic contact interaction during the brake’s operation. Finite element models of the brake disc and the brake pad interacting over a circle sector-shaped surface are developed in the ANSYS / LS-DYNA software. Calculations of stresses and strains of the disc brake parts are performed for a given law of the brake disc and the pad convergence, accompanied by the brake disc rotation. The article demonstrates the distributions of von Mises equivalent plastic deformations, tangential stresses in the brake disc and the pad near the contact area for cases of pad insertion into a stationary brake disc and during its rotation. Dependences of the plastic deformations in the brake disc, the pads and the system as a whole are obtained for various angular rotation velocities of the disc. It is shown that an increase in the disk rotation velocity leads to a significant increase in plastic deformations. Influence of static and dynamic friction coefficients on the stress-strain state change is analyzed. It is shown that an increase in the static coefficient of friction does not lead to a noticeable increase in plastic deformations of the contacting parts. The application of the developed method of the contact problem solution for the elastic-plastic interaction of the braking system parts makes it possible to optimize its design.
1. Sergienko V.P., Bukharov S.N. Noise and vibration in friction systems. Cham : Springer, 2014. 251 p.
2. Kolesnikov I.V., Podust S.F., Podust S.S., Chukarin A.N. Sposoby snizheniya shuma i vibratsiy pri proektirovanii, proizvodstve i ekspluatatsii zheleznodorozhnogo podvizhnogo sostava [Methods of reducing noise and vibrations in the design, production and operation of railway rolling stock]. Moscow : VINITI RAN Publ., 2015, 216 p.
3. Mekhanika kontaktnykh vzaimodeistvii [Contact interaction mechanics]. Moscow : Fizmatlit Publ., 2001, 672 p.
4. Gautam Sh. P. et al. Finite element analysis of disc brake using Ansys Workbench software. International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, 2015. Vol. 6. Is. 4. Pp. 1954–1959.
5. Gupta I., Saxena G., Modi V. Thermal analysis of rotor disc of disc brake of Baja Sae 2013 car through finite element analysis. International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications (IJERA) : International Conference On Emerging Trends in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering (ICETMEE), 13th-14th March, 2014. Pp. 324–329.
6. Turanov R.A., Pykhalov A.A. Analiz tochnosti skhodimosti chislennogo resheniya metoda konechnykh elementov i kontaktnoi zadachi tverdogo deformiruemogo tela na primere medineniya kryla samoleta s fyuzelyazhem [Analysis of the accuracy of the convergence of a numerical solution of the method of final elements and the contact problem of a deformable solid by the example of the wing of the plane connected with the body]. Sovremennye tekhnologii. Sistemnyi analiz. Modelirovanie [Modern Technologies. System Analysis. Modeling], 2019. Vol. 62. No. 2. Pp. 127–133.
7. Pateriya J., Yadav R.K., Mukhraiya V., Sing P. Brake disc analysis with the help of Ansys software. International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology (IJMET), 2015. Vol. 6. Is. 11. Pp. 114–122.
8. Sarkar C., Hirani H. Transient thermo-elastic analysis of disk brake. International Journal of Current Engineering and Technology, 2015. Vol. 5. No. 1. Pp. 413–418.
9. Belhocine A. Numerical investigation of a three-dimensional disc-pad model with and without thermal effects. Thermal science, 2015. Vol. 19. No. 6. Pp. 2195–2204.
10. Vol’chenko D.A. et al. Napriazhenno-deformirovannoe sostoyanie razlichnykh tipov diskov v tormoznykh ustroistvakh transportnykh sredstv [Stress-strain state of various types of discs in braking devices of transportation vehicles]. Problemy tertia ta znoshuvannia [Problems of friction and wear], 2018. No. 2(79). Pp. 16–27.
11. Belhocine A. Thermomechanical modelling of disc brake contact phenomena. FME Transactions, 2013. Vol. 41. No 1. Pp. 59–65.
12. Agnihotri V., Chopra M.K. Optimized thermo-structural analysis of solid and vented disc brake using finite element method (a case study). Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering, 2014. Vol. 11. Is. 4. Pp. 40–49.
13. Chebakov M.I., Liapin A.A. Modelirovanie kontaktnogo vzaimodeistviya elementov diskovogo tormoza [Modeling of contact interaction of the disc brake’s elements]. Izvestiya vuzov. Severo-Kavkazskii region. Estestvennye nauki [University news. North-Caucasian region. Natural sciences series], 2016. No. 14. Pp. 36–39.
14. Shimanovskii A. Yakubovich V., Kapliuk I. Modeling of the pantograph – catenary wire contact interaction. Procedia Engineering, 2016. Vol. 134. Pp. 284–290.
15. Sukhanova V.А. Analiz plasticheskikh deformatsii pri skol’zhenii sfericheskoi kolodki po poverkhnosti plity [Analysis of plastic deformations during sliding of a spherical block on the plate surface]. Mekhanika, Issledovaniia i innovatsii [Mechanics. Researches and innovations], 2018. Vol. 11. Pp. 230–234.
16. Sukhanova V.А. Konechno-elementnoe modelirovanie vzaimodeistviya elementov diskovogo tormoza [Finite element modeling of disc brake elements interaction]. Stroitel’stvo, materialovedenie, mashinostroenie: sb. nauchnykh trudov [Construction, material science, mechanical engineering: scientific works collection], 2018. Is. 106. Pp. 129–134.