Karamov D. N., Naumov I. V. Modelirovaniye i optimizatsiya ustanovlennoy moshchnosti setevykh invertorov fotoelektricheskoy sistemy [Modelling and optimization of the installed capacity of grid-tie inverters in photovoltaic systems]. Sovremennye tekhnologii. Sistemnyi analiz. Modelirovanie [Modern Technologies. System Analysis. Modeling], 2019. Vol. 64, No. 4. Pp. 20–29. DOI: 10.26731/1813-9108.2019.4(64).20-29
This paper describes an approach to modelling and optimizing the installed capacity of grid-tie inverters in photovoltaic systems. A detailed review of literature was made and research goals and objectives set. Different diagrams were drawn to depict connection between grid tie inverters and solar batteries depending on the total installed capacity of solar power plants. Requirements for mathematical models, assumptions and operational constraints were laid down. A grid tie inverter model was suggested which took into account temporal changes in operating conditions. Diagrams comprising high-power switchgears were proposed when examining major solar power plants. The suggested model helps calculate currents and voltages as well as active, reactive and full capacity in grid tie inverters and high-power switchgear. An algorithm was proposed to optimize the installed capacity of grid-tie inverters in the light of operational constraints and changing natural and climate indicators. Two 250kW and 3,000kW photovoltaic power systems were modeled with regard to the meteorological conditions of the settlement of Khamakar (Irkutsk Region, Russia). The model analysis was based on a typical meteorological year data set extracted from long-term data records. Data values were processed using the following programming and computing suite: Local Analysis of Environmental Parameters and Solar Radiation. Model and optimization results for the photovoltaic power system revealed that using three 50kW grid tie inverters (150kW, in total) is much more effective than using six 25kW inverters or ten 15kW ones. A similar result was obtained when optimizing the installed capacity of the 3,000kW photovoltaic power system in which usage of twelve 150kW inverters is actually more efficient. The approach proposed in this paper may be used to optimize the equipment of photovoltaic power systems, improve electric reliability and analyze economic efficiency.
- Renewable capacity statistics 2019, International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA), Abu Dhabi, 2019. 60 p.
- Cristóbal-Monreal I.R., Dufo-López R. Optimisation of photovoltaic-diesel-battery stand-alone systems minimising system weight. Energy Conversion and Management, 2014, Vol. 29, pp. 151-157.
- Dufo-López R., Lujano-Rojas J.M., Bernal-Agustín J.L. Comparison of different lead–acid battery lifetime prediction models for use in simulation of stand-alone photovoltaic systems. Applied Energy, 2014, Vol. 115, pp. 242-253.
- Väisänena J., Kosonena A., Aholaa J., Sallinena T., Hannula T. Optimal sizing ratio of a solar PV inverter for minimizing the levelized cost of electricity in Finnish irradiation conditions. Solar Energy, 2019, Vol. 185, pp. 350-362.
- Diaf S., Notton G, Belhamel M., Haddadi M., Louche A. Design and techno-economical optimization for hybrid PV/wind system under various meteorological conditions. Applied Energy, 2008, Vol. 85, pp. 968-987.
- Belmili H., Almi M. F., Bendi B., Bolouma S. A Computer Program Development for Sizing Stand-alone Photovoltaic-Wind Hybrid Systems. Energy Procedia. 2013, Vol. 36, pp. 546-557.
- Salas V., Alonso-Abella M., Chenlo F., Olıas E. Analysis of the maximum power point tracking in the photovoltaic grid inverters of 5kW. Renewable Energy. 2009, Vol. 37, pp. 2366-2372.
- Salas V., Olıas E. Overview of the state of technique for PV inverters used in low voltage grid-connected PV systems: Inverters above 10kW. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 2011, Vol. 15, pp. 1250 -1257.
- Salas V., Olıas E. Overview of the state of technique for PV inverters used in low voltage grid-connected PV systems: Inverters below 10kW. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 2009, Vol. 13, pp. 1541-1550.
- Dogga R., Pathak M.K. Recent trends in solar PV inverter topologies. Solar Energy. 2019, Vol. 183, pp. 57-73.
- Wei Zh., Chengzhi L., Zhongshi L., Lin L., Hongxing Ya. Current status of research on optimum sizing of stand-alone hybrid solar–wind power generation systems. Applied Energy. 2010, Vol. 87, pp. 380-389.
- Tina G., Gagliano S., Raiti S. Hybrid solar/wind power system probabilistic modelling for long-term performance assessment. Solar Energy. 2006, Vol. 80, pp 578-588.
- Al Busaidi A.S., A Kazem H., Al-Badi A. H., Khan M. F. A review of optimum sizing of hybrid PV–Wind renewable energy systems in Oman. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 2016, Vol. 53, pp. 185-193.
- Karamov D.N. Mathematical modeling of solar radiation based on open access long-term meteorological observation data. The bulletin of the Tomsk Polytechnic University. Geo Аssets Engineering, 2017, Vol. 328, No. 6, pp. 28-37. In Rus.
- Karamov D.N. Formation of initial meteorological arrays with the use of long-term series FM 12 Synop and METAR in systems energy studies. The Bulletin of Tomsk Polytechnic University. Geo Аssets Engineering, 2018, Vol. 329, No. 1, pp. 69-88. In Rus.