Ivanov P. Yu., Dul’skii E. Yu., Khamnaeva A. A., Korsun A. A. Teoreticheskie issledovaniya osobennostei modelirovaniya protsessa friktsionnogo tormozheniya poezdov [Theoretical studies of features of train friction braking process modeling]. Sovremennye tekhnologii. Sistemnyi analiz. Modelirovanie [Modern Technologies. System Analysis. Modeling], 2020, No. 4 (68), pp. 150–158. – DOI: 10.26731/1813-9108.2020.4(68).150-158
This article studies statistical data that determine the relevance of increasing the braking efficiency of trains. It is concerned with the features of modeling the process of frictional braking of railway rolling stock. The authors conduct a brief review of international publications on the study of friction brakes of various types of transport. They consider the technique of determining the coefficient of friction of the brake shoe on the wheel for the railway rolling stock. The features of the method of determining the friction coefficient, which affect the accuracy of modeling frictional braking, are analyzed. A number of conclusions were made based on the analysis. It is assumed that the friction coefficient and braking force may change in a worn-out shoe due to an increase in the temperature in the contact zone with the wheel, because the shoe loses about 80 % of the original mass and 25 % of the heat exchange area with the environment. This significantly changes the energy balance and temperature in the friction zone. Thus, we can explain why trains with the same braking effort and other equal braking conditions in operation have different stopping distances. As a result of the study, it is concluded that the temperature of the shoes is taken into account in the formulas of the friction coefficient, but only for cases of braking in which the speed of movement is constantly decreasing, and the train tends to stop. It is not possible to use this coefficient with confidence to simulate long-term braking at a constant speed, since the temperature of the shoes will start to increase and, despite the constant value of the effort and speed, the coefficient of friction will begin to change significantly. The work indicates areas of prospective studies in the direction of development of the railway transport brake technology mentioned in the article.
- Pravila tyagovykh raschetov [Rules of traction calculations for train operation], 2016. 510 p.
- Pravila tekhnicheskogo obsluzhivaniya tormoznogo oborudovaniya i upravleniya tormozami zheleznodorozhnogo podvizhnogo sostava [Rules of the brake equipment maintenance and of the brake control of railway rolling stock], 2014. 179 p.
- Abbasi S., Teimouri Manesh Sh., Vernersson T., Sellgren U., Olofsson U., Lundén R. Temperature and thermoelastic instability at tread braking using cast iron friction material. Wear, 2013. Vol. 314. Pp. 171–180.
- Hamdaoui A., Jaddi El.H. Effects of the brake shoe friction material on the railway wheel damage. MATEC Web of Conferences, 2018. Vol. 149. Pp. 1–4.
- Evtushenko O.O., Ivanyk E.H., Horbachova N.V. Analytic methods for thermal calculation of brakes (review), Materials Science, 2000. Vol. 36. No. 6. Pp. 857–862.
- Petersson M. Two-dimensional finite element simulation of the thermal problem at railway block braking. Mechanical Engineering Science, 2015. Vol. 216. Pp. 259–273.
- Han Z.Li, Yang Z., Pan L. The effect of braking energy on the fatigue crack propagation in railway brake discs. Engineering Failure Analysis, 2014. Vol. 44. Pp. 272–284.
- Esmaeili A., Walia M.S., Handa K., Ikeuchi K., Ekh M., Vernersson T., Ahlström J. A methodology to predict thermomechanical cracking of railway wheel treads: from experiments to numerical predictions. International Journal of Fatigue, 2017. Vol. 105. Pp. 71–85.
- Balotin J.G., Neis P.D., Ferreira N.F. Analysis of the influence of temperature on the friction coefficient of friction materials. ABCM Symposium Series in Mechatronics, 2010. Vol. 4. Pp. 898–906.
- Talati F., Jalalifar S. Analysis of heat conduction in a disk brake system. Heat Mass Transfer, 2009. Vol. 45. Pp. 1047–1059.
- Cantone L., Ottati A. Modelling of friction coefficient for shoes type LL by means of polynomial fitting. The Open Transportation Journal, 2018. Vol. 12. Pp. 114–127.
- Meysam N., Jabbar A.Z., Morad Sh., Morteza E. 3D dynamic model of the railway wagon to obtain the wheel–rail forces under track irregularities. Proc. IMechE Part K: journal of Multi-Bodies Dynamics, 2015. Vol. 252. Pp. 1–13.
- Wei Y.P., Wu Y.P. Thermal and mechanical characteristics of contact friction pair based on 3-D wheel/rail-foundation contact vertical system. IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 2019. Vol. 657. Pp.1–9.
- GOST 33597-2015. Tormoznie systemy zheleznodorozhnogo podvizhnogo sostava. Metody ispytanii [Brake systems of railway rolling stock. Test methods], 2016. 32 p.
- Milosevic M.S., Stamenkovic D.S., Milojevic A.P., Tomic M.M. Modeling thermal effects in braking systems of railway vehicles. Thermal science, 2012. Vol. 16. Pp. 515–526.
- Ivanov P.Yu., Manuilov N.I., Dulskii E.Yu., Khudonogov A.M. Issledovanie raboty stabilizatora krana mashinista usl. No. 395 [Study of the operation of the crane operator's stabilizer, conditional number 395]. Innovatsionnye proekty i tekhnologii mashinostroitelnykh proizvodstv: Materialy vtoroi vserossiiskoi nauchnoi tekhnicheskoi konferentsii [Innovative projects and technologies of machine-building productions: Materials of the second all-Russian scientific and technical conference]. Omsk Transport university Publ., Omsk, 2017. Pp. 63–69.
- Khudonogov A.M., Ivanov P.Yu., Manuilov N.I., Dulskii E.Yu. Upravlenie operativnymi protsessami raboty sortirovochnoi stantsii na osnove primeneniya iskusstvennykh neironnykh setei [Management of operational processes of the marshalling station based on the use of artificial neural networks]. Izvestiya peterburgskogo universiteta putei soobshcheniya [News of the Saint Petersburg University of railway transport], 2018. Vol. 15. No. 1. Pp. 130–135.
- Ivanov P.Yu., Romanovskii A.I., Hamnaeva A.A., Korsun A.A., Borutenko A.S. Povyshenie effektivnosti raboty tormoznoi sistemy passazhirskikh poezdov [Improving the effectiveness of the passenger train brake system] Transport: nauka, tekhnika, upravlenie [Transport: science, technology, management], 2020. No. 3. Pp. 39–43.
- Ivanov P.Yu., Khamnaeva A.A., Khudonogov A.M. Snizhenie energopotrebleniya elektrovoza pri upravlenii pnevmaticheskimi tormozami gruzovogo poezda [Reduction of power consumption of an electric locomotive when controlling pneumatic brakes of a freight train]. Razrabotka i ekspluatatsiya elektrotekhnicheskikh kompleksov i sistem energetiki i nazemnogo transporta: Materialy tret'ei mezhdunarodnoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii [Development and operation of electrical complexes and systems of power engineering and ground transport: Materials of the third international scientific and practical conference], 2018. Pp. 143–151.