Skutina O. L. Osobennosti ekspluatatsii zheleznodorozhnogo puti na uchastkakh tyazhelovesnogo dvizheniya poezdov [Special aspects of railway track operation on the sections of heavy haul train traffic]. Sovremennye tekhnologii. Sistemnyi analiz. Modelirovanie [Modern Technologies. System Analysis. Modeling], 2020, No. 4 (68), pp. 76–85.– DOI: 10.26731/1813-9108.2020.4(68).76-85
The running of heavy haul trains in the Russian Federation railway allows significantly increasing the railway carrying capacity, ensures timely delivery of ore, coal, mineral fertilizers, and petroleum products from their production sites to their processing sites or loading aboard ships. Increasing the weight of the train is implemented in two ways: by the increasing the train length to 100 conventional cars or more, and by the increasing the load on the axle. In Russia the train weight increases mainly due to its length. Most railways in the Russian Federation have heavy traffic sections. A heavy traffic polygon with a length of more than 21,000 km is introduced. The article deals with the features of railway track operation in the conditions of heavy haul long-component trains and notes their influence on the state of infrastructure objects. The author analyzes the general problems, typical for almost all sections of heavy haul traffic on the railroads of the Russian Federation, and gives opinions on the reasons for their appearance in the article. The paper thoroughly explores the problems of the upper structure of the track and the roadbed and presents data on the roadbed defects and deformations at heavy haul operation polygons. It considers the features of operation of a “heavy haul” railway track on the Sverdlovsk railway. Special attention is paid to mountain sections with long ascents, where the movement of heavy haul trains is possible only with the addition of sand under the wheels of the locomotive. The author makes suggestions about the need to develop regulatory documentation on the construction of a railway track and its maintenance in conditions of heavy haul operation, preparation of infrastructure facilities for the organization of heavy haul operation.
- Zakharov S.M., Schoenfeld K.P. Razvitie tyazhelovesnogo dvizheniya v mire [Development of heavy-weight traffic in the world]. Vestnik VNIIZHT [Bulletin of VNIIZHT], 2013. No. 4. Pp. 9–18.
- Lebedev A.V. Sostoyanie zemlyanogo polotna po itogam ego ekspluatatsii v 2016 godu [State of the roadbed following the results of its operation in 2016]. Sovremennye problemy proektirovaniya, stroitelstva i ekspluatatsii zheleznodorozhnogo puti: XIV Mezhdunarodnaya nauchno-tekhnicheskaya konferentsiya (g. Moskva, 5–6 aprelya 2017 g.): chteniya, posvyashchennye pamyati professora G.M. Shakhunyantsa: trudy [Modern problems of railway track design, construction and operation: XIV international scientific and technical conference (Moscow, April 5–6, 2017): readings dedicated to the memory of Professor G. M. Shakhunyants: proceedings]. Russian Railways, MIIT Publ. Moscow, 2017. Pp. 26–29.
- Programma razvitiya na seti zheleznykh dorog OAO “RZhD” tyazhelovesnogo dvizheniya [Program for the development of heavy traffic on the railway network of “Russian Railways” OAO] [Electronic media]. Moscow: “Russian Railways” OAO, 2019. URL: http://www.rzd-expo.ru/images/Events-2019/27ts/01.pdf.
- Prognoziruemye razmeri dvizheniya dlya gruzovykh poezdov na napravlenii Kuzbass – Severo-Zapad na 2020 god pri opganizatsii tyazhelovesnogo dvizheniya (po dannim IERT) [Expected traffic amounts for freight trains in the Kuzbass – North-West direction for 2020 when organizing heavy-weight traffic (according to IERT data)] [Electronic media]. URL: https://yandex.ru/images/search?from=tabbar&text=%D1%82%D1%8F%D0%B6%D0%B....
- Sharapov S.N., Isaenko E.P. Rekomendatsii po usileniyu puti na liniyakh s tyazhelovesnym dvizheniem [Recommendations for strengthening the track on lines with heavy traffic]. Put’ i putevoe khozyaistvo [Railway track and facilities], 2016. No. 7. Pp. 2–7.
- Kobzev S. Poezdam pridali ves [Trains were given weight] [Electronic media]. Gudok, No. 191 (26330) 26.10.2017. URL: https://gudok.ru/newspaper/?ID=1391189.
- Press-sluzhba SvZhD. Svyshe pyati tisyach tyazhelovesnykh poezdov prosledovalo na SvZhD s nachala goda [Press-service SvZhD. More than five thousand heavy-weight trains have passed on the SvZhD since the beginning of the year]. Ekaterinburg: AiF-Ural Publ., 2020. URL: https://ural.aif.ru/.
- Skutin A.I., Skutin D.A., Tabunshchikov A.I. Povyshenie ustoichivosti slabykh gruntov [Improving the stability of weak soils]. RSP Ekspert, 2012. No. 8. Pp. 24–25.
- Skutin A.I., Skutin D.A., Tabynshchikov A.I. Modelirovanie zemlyanogo polotna, armirovannogo geosinteticheskimi materialami [Modeling of an earthbed reinforced with geosynthetic materials]. Proektirovanie razvitiya regional’noi seti zheleznykh dorog: sb. nauchnykh trudov [The designing of development of regional railway networks: Proc. in Shvartsfel’d V.S. (ed.)], 2014. No. 2. Pp. 144–150.
- Skutin A.I., Skutin D.A., Skutina O.L., Tabynshchikov A.I. Povyshenie ustoichivosti zemlyanogo polotna s pomoshchyu armirovaniya geosinteticheskimi materialami [Improving the stability of the ground surface by reinforcing geosynthetic materials]. Proektirovanie razvitiya regional’noi seti zheleznykh dorog [The designing of development of regional railway networks: Proc. in Shvartsfel’d V. S. (ed.)]. 2016. No. 4. Pp. 351–354.
- Mylnikov M., Skutin A. The influence of ballast characteristics on lateral stability of railway track. Lecture Notes in Civil Engineering, 2020. Vol. 49. Pp. 173–182.
- Skutina O.L., Karavaeva O.V., Kravchenko Yu.M. Sposob rekonstruktsii zheleznodorozhnogo puti (varianty) [A method of reconstruction of railway tracks (options)]. The patent of Russia No. 2501910, 2012.
- Skutina O.L., Abdulkhasanova Z.R. Konstruktsiya zemlyanogo polotna zheleznodorozhnogo puti [Construction of the railway trackbed]. The patent of Russia No. 2557276, 2014.
- Skutina O.L., Khabibullina E.S. Sposob usileniya zemlyanogo polotna zheleznodorozhnogo puti na slabom osnovanii [Method for strengthening the railway trackbed on a weak foundation]. The patent of Russia No. 2593282, 2015.
- Skutina O.L., Skurikhin A.I., Fedyanina L.V. Konstruktivno-tekhnologicheskie resheniya po sooruzheniyu zemlyanogo polotna v zone vechnomerzlykh gruntov [Structural and technological solutions for the construction of a roadbed in the permafrost zone]. Innovatsionnyi transport [Innovative transport], 2020. No. 1 (35). Pp. 36–42.